Sunday, October 4, 2009

Hola! Sloss!

What?!?? That's right, we speak espan-bubby round these parts! So, here's the story:

Friday night, we load up the boys (plus my nephew B.) and head to a high school football game to watch my darling niece cheer. When we arrive, we have to park a mile away (SMALL exageration), and during the walk around the school to get to the football field, we pass a couple girls who are just sittin' on the grass hangin' out. These are caucasian American girls (NORTH American girls, not Latin American girls, mind you). One of the girls says as we walk past, "Hola!". Bubby then says, "Hola! Sloss!" The girl giggles and looks confused, I'm sure thinking "What the heck does Sloss mean?"
I say to Bubby "What is Sloss?".
Bubby says "You know, Hola. Sloss. Wait, not sloss. What is it?"
(Have you figured it out yet?)
I then have a light bulb moment and say, "Do you mean 'Hola, como estas'?" (not sure if I spelled that correctly. Give me a break! I majored in French!)
Bubby says, "YES! Hola, como esLOSS" Wait, I said it wrong again. Hola, como esTAS. That's right. Whew!".
D and I have a good laugh. ANd somewhere, the poor girl that started it all is still trying to figure out what the Spanish word SLOSS means!

***By the By, our actual GAME experience did not last long. You see, it was the Homecoming game, and was CROWDED! Narry a place in the stands to sit, and we WERE there to watch the cheerleader, NOT the game. And standing at the fence down at either end zone does not make for a good spot to see my niece cheer on the 40. Plus, the first 5 minutes there, OUR team scored a touchdown, the crowd got loud, and the little man got SCARED. It was pretty sad! So, we left Bubby with my parents and his cousin, and we took the little man home. We may try again next Friday, but we'll leave the little man home with Haba!

No comments:

Post a Comment