Tuesday, September 29, 2009

And Another One

This latest Bubby-ism came tumbling out last night when we were at Chili's, just after our dinner was place on our table:

Bubby: "Hey, we're at a restaurant, so we don't have to pray! At home we have to pray before we eat, but not at a restaurant!"

Thank goodness for his dad, who told him to say a prayer in his head when we are at a restaurant. But then, this was the reply:

Bubby: "You know what I just prayed for in my head? I just prayed that I can have a green card day at school tomorrow."

Well, he was thinking ahead to not getting in trouble at school (a "green card" means he didn't get in trouble. Trouble at school leads to a yellow card, then a red card, then a blue card - he's had several yellows, about 3 reds, but no blues. When he keeps his card on green, he gets a slushy from Sonic - you know, they have half price drinks from 2-4, so this little reward system only costs me $0.50).
Now if he had caught that what his dad was getting at was to ASK A BLESSING ON HIS FOOD in a silent "head prayer", I might feel a little less guilty right now. I mean, seriously, how have I passed on to him that NOT praying is a RELIEF of sorts? I feel an FHE lesson about the BLESSING of prayer is imminent!
Oh, yea. We are not consistent about FHE, either. Great, bring on the guilt~

1 comment:

  1. Just remember how he felt at the Primary program, it should ease the guilt a little!

    ReplyDelete