Tuesday, October 27, 2009

THE BEST SUNDAY....

is Primary Program Sunday. My Favorite Sunday of the year! So, this past Sunday we got to go to TWO Primary Programs - Bubby's, and my 4 year old nephew. Here are the highlights from each:

Bubby's Program:
* Bubby knew the words to at least half the songs this year (this is an improvement from past years, when he knew maybe one or two), and he sang them!
* Bubby spoke his part VERY CLEARLY. I understood every word he said! Awesome.
* Bubby got chastised by his teacher for something, and he was not very happy with her (as evidenced by the scowl on his face). BUT, when it came time to sing the next song (which he knew very well), he tried SO HARD to keep frowning while also singing the song. It was really funny, because it's pretty hard to frown when you are singing a church song that you sing a lot when you are HAPPY. Maybe I'm a mean mom, but it was funny to watch!

Now, from the Sunbeams:
"Jesus taught us some TINGS we can do to be like Him. HEWE AW some TINGS he taught us to do:"
- Be Wevewent
- Be a good Fwend
- (whispered): be baptised (Loudly): LIKE HE WAS!!!

My favorite part:
Little boy (about 7 years old), who sang with CONVICTION and VIBRATO, and could be heard singing over the rest of the primary. The best part - he sang ON KEY, and would hold out some of the notes USING HIS VIBRATO. I was loving it! I mentioned to my mom that he HAD to belong to a family of singers and/or performers (I know there are some of those in our ward). So, I watched who he went to after the meeting was over....sure enough, he belongs to a gal whose family of 10 sibling are ALL talented singers. I grew up with them. This little boy's grandmother was the vocalist for Mary's Lullaby for the Mesa Temple Easter Pageant. NO BIG SURPRISE HE CAME FROM ROBERTS STOCK! It was GREAT!

My Nephew's ward:

Question: Our body is a temple. How can we take care of our temples?
Answers:
* Wash my hair
* Brush my teeth
* (My nephew's answer, as he passes by the microphone without stopping): Help my family (like a drive by answer!)
* haha - "Obey My parents" (the child who said this really was laughing as he said it, as if to say, "yea, right!" It was hilarious!)

I Love to See the Temple:
If you recall from an earlier post, Bubby and I had a very sacred experience with this song when it was sang at my sister's ward's Primary Program. Well, this one is just as sweet:
During the first verse of the song, Bubby whispered the ENTIRE FIRST VERSE of lyrics into my ear (like he was telling me a secret). My heart melted that he liked this song so much that he wanted to whisper it to me while still listening to the primary sing it. For the second verse, two of the boys in Primary (I'm guessing they were 10 or 11 years old) played a guitar duet - instrumental only. I had chills.
The chills continued when a few songs later, a choir of boys only(again, aged 10 or 11) sang "We Thank thee O God for a Prophet". And with such conviction. I tell you what, the spirit was amazing. Children plus music about family and the savior and the gospel equals THE BEST SUNDAY OF THE YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment