Tuesday, October 20, 2009

MISSING....

I AM MISSING Autumn in Utah. The close proximity to a canyon full of reds and yellows and oranges and pinks, through which I could drive on any given day and admire the Lord's handiwork and perhaps capture some of those lovely fall colors on my digital camera.

I AM MISSING pulling out the sweaters and jackets and having a reason to change my wardrobe. Strange...I always thought of myself as an "Arizona girl", hating the cold, the snow, thinking that winter was arriving TOO SOON there in Utah, wishing I were in Arizona this time of year when the cool, sometimes cold, crisp weather arrives in Utah. And now, how I miss that cool, crisp weather and the reason for which I I have HALF of my wardrobe in long sleeve shirts and cute jackets and coats.

I AM MISSING hot chocolate, hot apple cider, feeling chili enough to want...well, chili!

I AM MISSING my Halloween decorations. Bubby keeps asking if we are going to decorate for Halloween. I keep telling him our Halloween Decorations are in storage, and maybe, just maybe, we'll be in our OWN house in time to decorate for Christmas.

I AM MISSING my homegrown pumpkins to carve. We had homegrown pumpkins for past few years , which we picked from our own amazing garden that we kept there at our home in Utah. I'm even missing seeing Janie and Matt's pumpkins growing across the street, and Mistie and Chad's pumpkins that grew in their FRONT yard garden.

I AM MISSING my Harvest Hills friends and neighbors. Having moved back to AZ, and living in a home where we know exactly 4 of our neighbors, I have come to realize that I don't know WHERE I can take Bubby trick-or-treating! It was so lovely last year when we went trick-or-treating with friends for almost 2 hours, and we knew the people at EVERY house we visited. I KNEW the candy was safe, and the people were happy to see MY Bubby. Still haven't decided how to solve this dilemma!

I AM MISSING a piece of my heart. I think I left it in Harvest Hills. If one of you 4 people who read my blog find it, please e-mail me and let me know. Maybe D and I will find some $ to come for a visit, and I can pick up the pieces of my heart that are still residing there.

I AM SORRY to those 4 of you who read this that this post has been, well, morose, at best. Thank you for taking a minute to indulge my "pity party". My life actually IS blessed. I have the cutest baby boy in the UNIVERSE, my tender-hearted 6 year old boy gives me more hugs and kisses than any other boy on the planet has ever bestowed upon his mother, and my husband ADORES me (and I ADORE him, for the record!). I have dear friends near and far who are kind, and loving, and allow me to be me. I have both of my parents and both of my husband's parents still living on this earth, and loving my little family.

And I have the gospel. It is true no matter where I live (though hearing the messages of the gospel in a ward that is ZION is a bit sweeter to the soul - my soul is missing that sweetness). God lives. He loves me. He is aware of me. And He forgives me many times each day for the dumb offenses I commit. I am thankful for that!

And now, I will sign off from this post, and post the updates on the Little Man!

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry you are so home sick. You can come trick or treating with us. Chris is not going to come with us so it is just me and girls. Totaly up to you. You up for the boo at the zoo on sat? let me know.

    ReplyDelete