Tuesday, August 11, 2009

She Sleeps With The Fishes

Warning: Bathroom talk ahead. If you are easily offended by words like toilet, flush, or crap, turn back now.. do not proceed...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

So, I had to use the toilet. We drink LOTS of water here in the desert. Something about staying hydrated and not wanting to deal with kidney problems as a result of dehydrating. But, I digress. Anyway, I "voided" (as they would term it in the medical world), wiped, stood up, flushed the toilet, pulled my pants up and felt my cell phone fall out of my pocket. I heard a clunking sound and I whirled around in time to see the water making it's way down the toilet hatch. I did NOT see my phone go down, but I heard what sounded like a clunking in the pipes. I exclaimed, "Oh crap! Oh crap! Oh Crap! (repeat multiple more times)" as I frantically searched all around the base of the toilet, in the tub, in the trash can...nothing. I came out of the bathroom (yes, my pants were up and buttoned, no need to worry about flashing in the story!), and said to the family members who were here at the time,"Someone please call my phone. I think I just accidentally flushed it down the toilet!". So, my mother calls - nothing. No ringing. My sexy little red cell phone sleeps with the fishes. I hope they enjoy the sweet picture of me and my two little boys that graces it's face. I will miss it!
-the end

No comments:

Post a Comment