Sunday, August 23, 2009

Happy Birthday, Jenny!

Happy Birthday to our Dear Jenny-O!
Today we wish we could be your neighbor (again) so we could bring you a delicious, home-made birthday treat (maybe some of the yummy homemade triple berry ice cream D made last night)and give you big birthday hugs (you know Bubby gives some of the best hugs you could get), and go to lunch (you and me and the little guys), and have some laughs.
Some of our favorite memories:
*Getting to see you at least 3 days a week when we got to babysit B when he was just a little babe
*Impromptu meeting in the front yard when we're both outside and our boys just gravitate to each other
*Bubby opening his bedroom window to say "Hi Jenny" EVERY TIME you walk by
*Cristal stories
*"I like your earrings"...you:"Oh, do you want them?"
*"Can I borrow your skirt?"...you"Oh, it looks good on you. Why don't you keep it?"
* You are SERIOUSLY THE MOST GENEROUS PERSON I KNOW!
*You picking my mom up from the airport when my world fell apart
*Ladies Lunch at your house with "the good dishes" -just us, while B slept and Bubby was at pre-school
*Haircut visitation at Jil's house
*The Office...nuff said!
*The BEST SURPRISE BABY SHOWER/GOING AWAY PARTY EVER GIVEN!!!!
*Big bottle of hand sanitizer on your banister, right when you come in your house
*I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way you decorate! Colorful and pretty - just like you!
*The way you make me laugh til my cheeks hurt and my belly feels like I got a workout
*You mowing the lawn with a baby on your back in the backpack carrier - YOU ARE A ROCK STAR!
* A thousand more memories my tired brain can't conjure at the moment, but are precious to me just the same....

WE LOVE OUR JENNY! Bubby wanted to just" drive up there and tell her happy birthday". I agreed that would be AWESOME! Then he said,"We have to make sure we call her from the home phone, since you don't have your cell phone anymore, Mom. Remember, cuz you flushed it down the toilet?" I told him we would make sure to call from the home phone. He sure does love you, too!

We hope you have a GREAT birthday!

1 comment: