Monday, August 24, 2009

Nip-Tabulous Comment at the Dinner Table

At last night's SPECTACULAR feast put on by my mother dear and shared with my brother dear in honor of his reaching his 28th year (WHAT??!!?? When did that happen?), the conversation started with a comment from my Bubby:
Bubby: Cousin PM has a nipple.
The rest of us: WHAT??!!??
Bubby: PM has a nipple on her arm.
TROU: WHAT??!!?? Where?
Bubby: Right there on her arm.
PM (2 1/2 years old): I have nip-ple (pointing to her chest).
Bubby: No, you have a nipple on your arm.
D (investigating): I think that's just a mole.
PM's Mother: She doesn't have a mole on her arm. Are you sure it isn't a piece of food?
Bubby: It's a nipple on her arm.
D (upon more finite investigation): It's a piece of food on her arm. See?
PM: I have nip-ple (still pointing to her chest.

Laughter ensues. Ahhhhh, sparkling conversation! It was a lovely dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment