Tuesday, May 25, 2010

And the Winner Is.....

The school Bubby attends does a drawing for students who have had perfect attendance all year. Only 2 students's names are drawn. They draw one name from the upper grades, and one name for the lower grades. Well, I got the call from the school principal last night while we were having dinner and she told me that my little Bubby's name was one of the 2 names drawn for the Perfect Attendance prize. I was SO EXCITED. And THEN she tells me me to keep it from Bubby so he can be surprised when she announced it during morning announcement the next day (which is now today). THAT WAS A HARD SECRET TO KEEP! But, I did it. Thankfully my mom was willing to tend the Little Man while I went to the school this morning to take pictures of his cute surprised face and such. His teacher didn't even know he was gonna win. She was surprised to see me walk into the classroom with my camera until a moment later when the principal announced my Bubby's name as the winner of the drawing. Here's a few pictures of the announcement moment:





The first is Bubby's expression upon hearing his name announced.
The second is his teacher's surprised look upon hearing Bubby's name called.
The third is on our way to the front office to pick up the prize.

What's that you say? WHAT IS THE PRIZE? Oh, did I seem to leave you hanging? Oh, alright. I'll let the pictures tell the story of just WHAT BUBBY WON:






First, he got a helmet, then he got A BIKE! YEAH! Bubby was one of only TWO students whose names were drawn from the WHOLE SCHOOL of students with Perfect Attendance, and the prize is a BIKE! and a racer red helmet (safety first!). It's a COOL bike! Don't believe me? Wanna see MORE pictures? Well, alright, here ya go:






Isn't he so cute the way he poses with his brand new bike? Cool kid with his cool bike. What is he most excited about? The bike has a KICK STAND! hahahaha he cracks me up! This super bike has 20# tires and pegs on the back wheel.
I'm so excited for my sweet little buddy. This is a perfect end to a roller coaster of a year. I'm glad we get to end the ride of this school year on a HIGH! Congratulations, Bubby! You TOTALLY earned it! Thanks for being so good about getting ready every morning so you could get to school ON TIME. Way to go!

2 comments:

  1. Wow perfect attendance and a new bike! How do you keep him so healthy? Oh yeah he isn't drinking SS water :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog! Thanks for sharing your site. This way we can keep in contact after Regan's move. I sure will miss him!
    ~Summer (Regan's teacher)

    ReplyDelete