Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Scenes from a Happy Birthday

The Family Birthday Party....
We enjoyed Homemade Pizza - YUM! See? The Birthday Boy loved the pizza:




Played with cousins:



The Birthday Boy enjoyed his very own cupcake (a little too much of it, actually...can you say 3 am tummy ache?)

hmmmm...what do I do with this?


Here, Mommy will show you what to do!




Like this?



Getting the hang of eating a WHOLE cupcake!







PRESENT TIME!
The favorite present was the bucket of pop together beads. The bucket was actually the highlight for Little Man, but I didn't get a picture of that :(

Of course, there was MORE than one gift, but silly mommy didn't get a picture of all the loot. But, he got several books, new shoes and the beads from Mom and Dad. Bubby gave his little brother a football. Our good friends gave Little Man a new pool float that has a sunshade (YAY!), a toy phone from his aunt, and two new teddy bears from Haba. Oh, and Haba is crocheting a blanket, too!

We also went out for a birthday dinner at Chili's on his ACTUAL birthday:

Lovin' Dad's Strawberry Lemonade:



Clap for me dad, it's my birthday! Yay for my birthday!


Awwww...birthday kisses from dad!


Hurray! I LOVE my birthday! It's FuN to be ONE!


(Do you see what that bib says? "Chicks Dig Me". Yep, they do!)

Happy Birthday, Little Man! We are SO happy that you came to our family. Here's some of your accomplishments in your first year of life:
1. You have grown 8 teeth with hardly a complaint. Such a sweet boy!
2. You have been sleeping through the night for many months. Thank you!
3. You have mastered crawling (which you did at 8 months), and have been cruising the furniture for quite some time now.
4. You have figured out how to stand yourself up in the middle of the room.
5. You have taken your first steps, and are getting more sturdy each day.
6. You make me laugh EVERY DAY - several times each day, in fact!
7. You have discovered that YOU ARE FUNNY! You PURPOSELY make me laugh!
8. You are such a good eater. You eat just about anything we put in front of you. BROCCOLI, CARROTS, GREEN BEANS, you get the idea!
9. You take GREAT NAPS!
10. You are SO cute with your big brother. You laugh at almost ANYTHING he does. It melts my heart!
11. You make the cutest vocalizations!
12. I love that you clap for yourself when you are practicing walking.
13. I love that you can blow bubbles in the water. Such a big boy!
14. I love that you are so brave in the pool - no clinging for you! You kick and splash and have a blast!
15. I love that you are so snuggly. Your kisses and cuddles melt my heart!
I love you, Little Man! Happy 1st birthday. I look forward to our adventures together this coming year!

No comments:

Post a Comment