Tuesday, December 15, 2009

All I Want for Christmas...

is some front teeth....for my children. And, I'm gettin' them!
Bubby's two front top teeth are growing in nicely.
And Little Man's first tooth (on the bottom) broke through sometime last night. I'm guessing it was between 3:30 and 4:30 this am, when I went in for his nightly "snack" and he WOULD NOT go back to sleep after the usual 20 minute snack. And I went back into him 5 minutes after putting him back in his crib because he was screaming (usually, IF he is "awake" after the 20 minutes together, I can put him back in his crib and he will quietly put himself back to sleep). 15 more minutes of nursing, and I put him in his crib again. He fussed for a few moments before getting quiet again. So, I think that pesky tooth must have pushed through during that hour. Anyhow, I rubbed my CLEAN finger over his gums this morning and sure enough, there was a sharp little bugger there!

So, each of my little boys gets new front teeth for Christmas! Hooray for us!

Oh, and the Little Man is this close to crawling! He gets up on his hands and knees and rocks back and forth until he shoots himself forward (and sometimes backwards!). He does a combination of the lurching and some rolling side to side to get where he wants to go. He's pretty funny to watch!

And one more funny little thing about my Little Man. On Sunday, during the Sunday School lesson, he decided HE had something to say on the subject, VERY LOUDLY! An older (not so jovial) gentleman asked a person making a comment to PLEASE SPEAK UP because he couldn't hear them (and his look our direction indicated his afterthought of "over that loud baby, whose parents aren't taking him out of here"). D and I just laughed, and whispered "Louder, baby" to the Little Man. Because, let's be honest, he probably knows more about ALL THINGS Spiritual than the rest of us, seeing as he was more recently in the presence of our Heavenly Father than the rest of us in that room! D and I just laughed. And later, we agreed that had we been in Sunday School in our HH ward, there would have been LAUGHTER over his vocalization, rather than irritation. Oh well. We got a good laugh out of his "comments" anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment